Peter Hess ® Sound Massage
Since 2010 Maranta Sound Academy offers training seminars in the Peter Hess ® Sound methods. In a safe and relaxed framework our students have opportunity to get to know the method and to expand on what they have learned.
The seminars are conducted by Maranta’s Alex and Janusz as well as our longtime friends and colleagues Ute, Bette and Graham, and take place in selected venues across Australia. Here, in a friendly and casual atmosphere, you can create your own personal experiences with the sound massage and have opportunity for an intensive exchange with other participants. The seminar leaders provide qualified and informed support at every learning step.
Training in the sound massage according to Peter Hess ® consists of four levels finalised in the Supervision seminar. See our courses page for schedule.
Level I (weekend course)
Basic sound massage for self and family and friends. You will learn the principles of the sound massage, about the singing bowls, experience the full sound massage, and will be able to perform the relaxing sound massage for private use. No prior knowledge is required for this workshop. More…
Level II (weekend course)
Advanced workshop, widening the application of the singing bowls to the auric field. You will learn about aura, singing bowls and gongs. The Level I is a prerequisite for this workshop. More…
Level III and IV given together over a 4 days period
The practitioner level training, building on the previous two levels. Introducing the concepts of the sound massage in therapy, new elements and teaching you how to develop a Sound Massage practice. This is followed in at least 3 month time with a Supervision seminar. More…
If you have decided to train in the Peter Hess-sound massage, we offer two equivalent paths to choose from:
Click here for our workshops schedule
The participants of the courses will receive an attendance certificate following each part of the course; and on finishing all of the training, a certificate confirming that its holder is entitled to practice “Peter Hess®-Sound Massage”. For sound massage Practitioners who work with sound massage on a professional level, we recommend attending further training seminars (as they become available) regularly. The course participants will also receive the 10% discount on the purchase of the genuine Peter Hess® singing bowls – therapeutic quality.
What to expect from our courses?
- Constant contact with sound bowls and gongs as well as other instruments. We only use Peter Hess Therapy Quality singing bowls in our seminars, so you will have a chance to sample the best.
- Relaxation meditations incorporated into routine to fortify your learning capabilities. Interesting discussions and practical exchanges.
- Good quality, substantial reading materials to take home with you. Our teaching is based on over 20 years of experience of great number of professionals (psychologists, managers, medical workers and occupational therapists, to name a few) working within the framework of the Peter Hess Institute in Germany. We now benefit from their work and pass this knowledge to you.
- From the present research, we know how important our mental images and our intention are for the effect of an action. Therefore, in the education, training and continuing education of Peter Hess Institute particularly great value is placed on:
- the transfer of substantial background knowledge of the effect of sounds,
- the training of our own response capability (based on personal experience with sound and in the group) and
- the training of the awareness of one’s intention.
The expansion of professional skills of our students to us is as important as learning the method to enrich their own life with sound.