This second part of training teaches how to release and use the therapeutic qualities of the gong sound. The qualities that have a profound effect on the human body and psyche. Our students learn different ways of creating gong sound and manipulating it to suit individual needs of the client. They also learn to provide a structured therapeutic sessions.
For many years of our work with gongs, in our meditations, gong baths, during our seminars and concerts – gongs reveal their magical powers. One of main advantages of the gongs, is their ability to quickly introduce state of tranquility in the listeners. Only few minutes of skilful play is sufficient for the audience to achieve the state of deep relaxation. The automatic processes of self regeneration acting on the physical, mental and emotional levels are activated in such a state. Gong among known instruments creates the strongest vibrations and resonating sounds. When it vibrates, you can feel it in every cell of your body. In the hands of a therapist or pedagogue it becomes the tool supporting healing processes.
This training, “Gong in Relaxation – Introduction” and “Gong in Therapy” helps to acquire practical skills in gong play, initially using your own voice and hands, eventually applying various accessories – such as mallets and rubbers. You will find out how particular techniques affect the physical and emotional body as well as bioenergy field and you will learn practical use of those properties.
During this workshop, we open the space for your own experience, ritual awareness, practical exercises, and sharing with other participants. Mostly we will work with Tam Tam and Fen gongs of 80 cm diameter, but also with smaller gongs, used in therapy.
“Gong in Therapy”
Prerequisite: “Gong in Relaxation – Introduction“
Duration: 8 hours, 1 day workshop
What to expect:
- Fundamentals and principles of careful therapeutic work with the use of sound vibration and possible reactions of the recipients of such sessions
- Working with the gong for selected therapeutic purposes
- Methodology of the gongs during the session focused on the individual recipient
- Working with sound of gongs in combination with other instruments for specific therapeutic needs
- Ethos of sessions with gongs (sense of security and confidence, the approach to work with another person or with a group)
Lecturers: Alex Andrzejewski and Janusz Urzykowski
Course fees: A$250.00