- This event has passed.
KliK® Online – Playing and Learning using all our Senses
October 30, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Online Course via Zoom
KliK® 1 “Singing Bowls – Playing and Learning using all your Senses”
A workshop for educators, teachers, parents, grandparents and anyone who wants to use Singing Bowls with children.
We are excited to offer you the first online workshop on Zoom! This online offer is an opportunity for everyone that can’t attend a course in person but would like to know more about how to introduce Singing Bowls to a group of children.
Together we will explore and learn how to introduce Singing Bowls into a group of children, find out about the scientific and historic background behind KliK® Sound Education, get to know how to play sound games together in different settings and familiarise ourselves with giving a short Sound Massage for children.
The time format consists of 2 days of 3hr training
1st Zoom Session on Friday 30th of October 2020 from 2pm-5pm AWST
2nd Zoom Session on Saturday 31st of October 2020 from 1pm-4pm AWST
Singing Bowls stimulate all senses. They shine with a golden glow, and if you touch them with your fingertips or activate them with a mallet they emit varied and complex sounds. This sets both an acoustic and vibrotactile stimulus which simultaneously activates the auditory and somatosensory perception – hearing and touch. The sound fosters body awareness and touches it in an emotionally soothing way.
In this workshop you will learn different sound games with Singing Bowls, which are wonderful to play with children.
- Train the sensory perception, which is the central basis for communication and learning
- Promote coarse and fine motor skills
- Motivate the children and thereby strengthen their concentration and endurance
- Stimulate the imagination and thus promote creativity as an important basis for solution competence
- Strengthen the social and communication skills of children
What you need to participate
- 1 Metal Singing Bowl and mallet (preferably Peter Hess® quality and 20cm or larger in diameter)
- 1 Balloon
- 1 Bottle of water for a game
- 1 Towel
- 1 Cushion and blanket
- Zoom connection
- 2x 3 hrs of interactive online lectures via Zoom platform
- Workshop script in pdf format
- Certificate of attendance in pdf format
- Mindfulness Sound Meditation
Extent: 6 hours
Cost: $140 including certification and course script in pdf.
Minimum number of course participants : 4-14