..What is a Body – Sound?
This term refers to the system of work with sound through the sound bowls and other instruments. Primarily it is the sound and vibrations of the instrument positioned with skill and care on and around the dressed body. The Body – Sound system may be used for self-treatment as well as for treating your partners(1). Gentle and harmonious sounds are absorbed resulting in a state of deep relaxation.
The Body – Sound session creates the sanctuary, where stress, anxiety and feelings which have negative impact on our health can be neutralised and let go of. Sometimes for the very first time we experience our bodies, other than through the pain. In this soothing environment, we can surrender the tiresome circular thoughts and come in contact with our body’s inner wisdom.
This is the very essence of the healthcare in a holistic sense and the foundation for a happy, independent and creative life.
So the Body-Sound system can be summarised in the following key features:
- Holistic approach and effortless, deep relaxation
- Contributes to fostering a good health via release , harmonisation, regeneration and revitalisation
- Supports and improves body awareness and access to own resources
- Strengthens self-confidence, creativity and motivation
The effects of the Sound are very complex. Even if the treatment seems simple at a first glance, its professional use requires substantial knowledge about the effects of sound. However even the novice can apply the self-treatment with the help of the Body – Sound system, which through the personal experience becomes part of the path to growth and self knowledge.
(1) We understand the word “partner” as another person who you work with in therapy, be it the friend, family member or the client in your wellness practice.